Are you someone who loves outdoor gear and technology? Interested in joining a growing team of eCommerce professionals who are leading the way in the changing retail landscape in Alberta?
If so, you might be a great fit for the newest position on our team. We are seeking an eMerchandising Specialist to join our Edmonton eCommerce team.
Read the job description below, and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eCommerce Manager, Campers Village
The eMerchandising and Customer Experience Specialist assists with online customer experience and merchandising across Campers Village’s eCommerce channels.
The role is part of the eCommerce group within Campers Village and reports directly to the eCommerce Manager. Stakeholders for the role include Buyers, Business Technology, Product Management, Marketing, and Senior Management.
The eMerchandising and CX Specialist is responsible for product and content management, facilitating category navigation and “shoppability” online, catalog administration, superior digital customer experience, and support of eCommerce channels including the e-commerce platform and third-party marketplaces contributing to increased revenue and profit.
In addition, the role includes driving online sales and conversion and providing a best-in-class experience for our customers, participating in technology and marketing projects, and is part of the Quality Assurance testing team for various systems including the e-commerce platform.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management
- Decision making and judgment
- Accountability & dependability
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong sense of urgency
- 2+ years’ work experience in e-commerce, merchandising, web retail, marketing, or related field, in an eCommerce merchandising and/or website content management role.
- 2+ years’ of experience with content management systems, product uploading and technology solutions.
- An earnest interest in eCommerce and the future of retail. Retail background preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using web, social media tools and communication systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Beginner to intermediate understanding of HTML.
- Familiarity with image editing tools and formats.
- Strong analytic skills using Google analytics and generating custom reports.
- Firm understanding of digital marketing.
- Experience in administering, supporting or testing eCommerce platforms.
- Post-Secondary education in Interactive marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to follow through on tasks and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
Nice To Have
- Outdoor industry product knowledge.
- Task management system experience (JIRA).
- Collaboration tool experience (Confluence).
- Familiarity with Retail Pro and Magento platforms.
- Experience working with Amazon or 3rd party marketplaces.
- Lead the data gathering process for item creation as well as data maintenance.
- Ensure that the catalog of online products is up-to-date and that the product presentation is appropriate for promotions, campaigns, and marketing initiatives. Including managing product categorization and taxonomy.
- Create, list, and manage product pages/content, within 3rd party marketplaces (including Amazon)
- Create cross-selling or complementary sales opportunities.
- Build regular reports to assess the performance and relevance of merchandising operations and present them to the different stakeholders.
- Use analytics to identify opportunities for improvement in merchandising efficiency and digital customer experience; collaborating on optimization activities with all departments involved.
- Responsible for categorizing promotion products, new arrivals, top sellers, and associating cross-sell products. Create campaign landing pages to support online and/or offline programs.
- Ensure product findability through optimization of category structure, navigation, sorting rules, search, and more.
- Support new feature developments and conduct user acceptance testing as needed, to improve the customer experience on the website.
- Audit online product information for accuracy.
- Assist in the administration of different eCommerce channels including third-party marketplaces.
- Assist with online customer service as needed.
- Assist with marketing projects and initiatives as needed.
- Complete eCommerce projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- QA testing of software and eCommerce channels.
* Office setting, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm, some flexibility on days and hours of work required; may require lifting up to 50lbs.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.